Employers are always looking for a way to expand benefit offerings and provide value to their employees. Through Upstate Special Needs Consulting we are able to provide ongoing support for your employees who are caring for a loved one with special needs. We offer the following (at no cost) to you:
- Continuing Education for professionals (CPA, Attorneys, Service Coordinators)
- Family Education Training (FET) through providers
- Family Workshops:
- Planning 101: What every parent should know
- Guardianship v. Supported Decision Making
- Making a Home of your own: Understanding Housing Alternatives
- Understanding Special Needs Trusts
- Staff training: We can assist your EAP or HR staff in becoming better advocates for your employees by learning some of the right questions to ask and familiarizing themselves with available local resources.
- Discount on our special needs consulting plans* (As a stand alone benefit to your employees or subsidized as a formal employee benefit)
Areas where we can provide expertise include but are not limited to:
- Strategies for maximizing HSA contributions for ongoing medical costs
- Coordinating Medicaid & Health Benefits and how they affect a person caring for an individual with special needs
- Setting up a savings account for an individual with special needs without jeopardizing benefits.
- Understanding current work insurance and overview of beneficiaries
To learn how to become an Employee Partner, Contact Nicole at 585-899-1253 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info